PDA

Visualizza la versione completa : [Q&A] Domande e risposte su R.U.S.E. (in inglese)

bayberry
02-10-2011, 09:41 AM
R.U.S.E. GAME - DOMANDE E RISPOSTE

Hello,

While screening and reading the Facebook page here and the official forums of R.U.S.E., we felt there was a set of key questions that needed to be adressed. So here they are, feel free to comment!

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Will you add naval units in the game ?</span>

No. Adding naval units would require a lot of work, which is currently out of the scope of a patch or DLC. Naval units would have specific behaviors and introduce a whole new layer of gameplay (just like the air units). We havenít designed RUSE with them in mind so we canít add them without potentially ruining the whole game experience.

Many of you may have been mistaken by the first marketing video that was released for the game, where you see a reenactment of the D-Day with two players playing on a surface-like touchscreen table. When we first wanted to communicate on RUSE, we had a big challenge ahead: how do you communicate on the Ruses, the fact that you can "bluff" your enemy in a strategy game? We had to show a "proof of concept" of what the game had to provide as a user experience (not as features!). We had numerous video concepts, and it was decided to use the one you can see today, because it was the most understandable one. At that time naval units were still considered in the final game, but later on we had to make radical design choices, and one of them included dropping naval units (and naval maps) from the scope of the game. This allowed us to concentrate on ground tactics, but permanently removed the option to bring back naval units later on.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Will you fix the last bugs in the game?</span>

We do not plan another "bug-fixing" update for R.U.S.E. We read the forums and comments on Facebook and elsewhere, and we do see some people complaining that the game is "broken". The problem is, per our internal tests and customer support teams, no major issue has been identified so far. What we see are only isolated issues, or problems that are beyond what we can fix (mostly related to network/matchmaking services).

It does not mean that we will never provide an update, but as of today, we havenít identified any issue that would justify a patch. If you encounter issues, it is important that you get in touch with our support teams, so that we can keep track of what issues we have, and determine if they are widespread or not.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Will you bring 3v3 and 4v4 on consoles?</span>

No. And for two reasons. Number one, we conducted extensive testings on consoles with 3v3 and 4v4 modes, and the experience it provided wasnít satisfying. We encountered huge technical issues, resynchronizations, lags, crashes etcÖ Multiplayer on console works differently than on PC, and it simply canít handle the same number of units and players properly.

Reason number two, during the R.U.S.E. beta tests we gathered data on game usage statistics and we saw that over 90% of users were playing 1v1 or 2v2 matches. As a result 3v3 and 4v4 were not considered as high priority, and this has a huge influence in our decision not to push these modes on console.

Funzain
03-11-2012, 07:07 AM
maybe you can help me I'm new to the comunity ubisoft. I have a problem with the game R.u.s.e. PC since I installed it I'm playing without a profile or at least one named (reloaded) how do I create a profile to play multiplayer? thanks

bayberry
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
I already answered you in another Thread (though the question you asked was slightly different), yet I still haven't quite figured out whether you are Italian or else ... Might be helpful if I translate my previous message to English/French/Spanish (depending on your nationality)...? :)